To celebrate World Vegetarian day, I thought I'd share one of my favorite recipes with you. When I came across this recipe, I just knew it was going to be good. Curry and sweet potatoes, two favorites.
4 cups sweet potato (cubed)
1 medium sweet onion (diced)
2 celery ribs (diced)
1 garlic clove (peeled & minced)
¼ inch fresh ginger (peeled and minced)
½ tsp curry powder
½ tsp coriander
¼ tsp cardamom
¼ tsp turmeric
1 tsp Celtic or Himalayan salt (optional and to taste)
Pinch of cayenne (optional)
5 cups vegetable stock
1 cup almond or coconut milk
1 Tbsp raw coconut oil or butter
1. Heat coconut oil in large pot and sauté onions and celery until onions are translucent.
2. Add minced garlic and sauté briefly.
3. Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
5. After soup has cooled sufficiently, place soup in a food processor with the “S” blade and puree in batches until smooth.
6. If soup is too thick, add a little more stock.
7. Serve with a large, colorful salad and a slice of your favorite whole grain bread or crackers.
Organic ingredients, when available, are always recommended.
Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Blessings from Marsha