To get my watercolor effect, I first inked the stamps, then spritzed them with a wee bit of water. It gave me just the look I wanted. Well, after a few failed attempts. This is not a technique I've done before so it was fun to give it a try.
And, just so you know, there is more than just one sequin on the card. For some reason the light caught the one and made it the star.
Here's a close up showing off more of the sequins.
Stamp Sets: Botanical Bookplates Vol. 1 (Flourishes), Flower Garden (The Craft's Meow); Inks: Crushed Cucumber (Stampin' Up!), Strawberry Milkshake (Taylored Expressions); Cardstock: Cucumber Crush, Pistachio Pudding, Shimmery White; Other: Sequins
The colors I used are from the CAS Watercolour Card Challenge. For all the challenge details and to share your project, click the image below.
Thanks for stopping in at the Coffee Pot Stamping Cafe,
Very pretty green & pink watercoloured card Marsha. It does take a few tries to get just the right amount of water. :) Great job! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!ReplyDelete
Thanks, Loll! I need lots of practice.Delete
I love these sweet flowers, Marsha! I find this technique very tricky but it looks like you've mastered it! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour! Hope there were no tornadoes to add excitement to your day!ReplyDelete
Thanks, Bonnie! Tricky is right. I like the way it looks so will probably try it again.Delete